There are many pests that get into Bradenton homes. Perhaps you've noticed. If you're being annoyed by pests in your home, you should find some helpful information here to help you get them out and keep them out. Let's look at the types of Bradenton pests that could get into your home, five effective pest prevention tips you can use to keep them out, and how professional pest control in Bradenton provides extra protection to keep pests out.
Types Of Pests That Invade Bradenton Homes
Before household pests become household pests, they're just critters in your yard.
Ants crawl around on the ground and make mounds of dirt.
Spiders create webs in bushes.
Centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, and other moisture pests live in your landscaping.
Flies hover around trash receptacles.
Earwigs and carpenter ants crawl around on stumps, wood scraps, and mulch.
Carpenter bees buzz around your deck.
Paper wasps create nests in sheltered locations, and yellow jackets create nests in holes.
Your Bradenton yard is alive with life.
Five Pest Prevention Tips For Your Home
Some pests can make trouble, even if they don't get into your home, but we're going to focus on the household pests—particularly the ones Keller's Pest Control technicians deal with most. Here are five home pest control tips that can really make a big difference in helping you keep pests out of your home:
1. Sanitation is one of the best natural home pest control methods you can employ. There are many pests that are drawn to garbage, clutter, pet waste, and other things that can be cleaned up around your home. When you keep things clean, you remove attractants and naturally deter potential pests.
2. Cleaning gutters and making repairs to your gutter system is another way you can use natural home pest control to deter pests. Some pests are attracted to moist habitats. Some need moisture or they will dry out and die. Some just get into moist habitats because that is where their food is. Pests eat pests.
3. Many pests are attracted to homes that have leaves and sticks. When you stay on top of yard work, you can have a big impact on how many potential pests want to explore the exterior of your home. Also, consider moving wood sources, such as scrap wood, campfire wood, and construction material, away from your exterior.
4. Replacing exterior white lights with yellow lights can reduce insects near your home. Insects can't detect yellow light and are therefore not attracted to it. When you have fewer insects near your home, you have fewer insects that can accidentally get in. You also reduce those insects as a food source. When it comes to all-natural home pest control, sealing entry points is about as natural as it gets.
5. Sealing exterior gaps and holes stop pests from getting inside. If you're handy with a caulking gun, or able to replace a screen and some weatherstripping, this is an easy way to apply home pest control. Be sure to check gable vents, weep holes, laundry exhaust, and other openings to make sure they're properly protected.
If you roll up your sleeves and apply these home pest control tips, it is possible to reduce pest issues to a level that is below your threshold of comfort. When more control is needed, the best option is to invest in professional home pest control services.
How To Deal With An Existing Pest Infestation
If you're currently dealing with a household pest, there are many pest management methods that may help you address your problem naturally. Check our other blogs to see if we've covered the pest you're battling. What we wouldn't recommend is applying DIY home pest control products. These can have varied and unwanted results. All pest control products should be selected and handled by a licensed pest professional.
Home Pest Control Services In Bradenton
If you live in the Bradenton area and you need pest control for your home, we hope you'll consider Keller's Pest Control. Our friendly service professionals are highly trained and fully licensed. They use field-tested pest strategies that have been developed by industry experts, and they use the most advanced products. If all-natural home pest control is important to you, your Keller's pest professional can guide you toward products that are derived from nature, and pest methods that have no chemical component. We want to find what works best for you.
For more information about the programs and services we offer or to schedule a meeting with one of our knowledgable service professionals, reach out to Keller's Pest Control today. We look forward to helping you find the perfect choice for your yard, your home, and your family.