Sixteen Easy Yet Effective Pest Prevention Tips For Your Lakewood Ranch Property
Pests are a problem that every homeowner faces. From mansions to cabins, every home dwelling is at risk of a pest invasion. The only people that don’t have to deal with pests are those who have put in place prevention measures to stop them. To help you fight back, we will be providing for you today 16 easy yet effective ways to keep your Lakewood Ranch property pest-free.
Common Invasive Pests
Florida is filled with invasive pest species. We have ants, rodents, beetles, moths, cockroaches, flies, birds, termites, the occasional crocodile, and a laundry list of another furry, insect, and more unique home invaders. Here are some of the most common pests we see daily and the problems they cause around homes.
Ants: All ants are annoying; this you already know. What you might not be aware of that some ants destroy homes, others cause pain, and a few spread dangerous diseases. If you are unlucky enough to have one of these ant species around your home, you could be in a load of trouble:
Cockroaches: Cockroaches are one of the most resilient pests on the planet. They are also known for spreading over 33 dangerous bacteria, 7 human pathogens, and 6 parasitic worms. If this wasn’t enough, these pests also trigger asthma attacks with their shed skin and fecal matter, which get into the air and act as dust.
Rodents: Rodents are furry home invaders who have sharp, strong teeth and a propensity for causing trouble. Around homes, these pests will chew through walls, damage electrical wires, gnaw on furniture, and generally be destructive. On top of this, rodents are known for being filthy and carrying diseases. A few of the most common diseases they carry include salmonellosis, hantavirus, and plague.
How To Prevent Pests
All pests invade homes to either find food, water, or shelter, often all three. To prevent and deter pests from invading your Lakewood Ranch home, use these 16 simple yet effective tips:
- Cut your grass regularly
- Install a fence around your yard and garden
- Trim back bushes and tree branches at least 5 feet from your home’s exterior
- Avoid using mulch near your home’s exterior
- Eliminate sources of standing water in and around your home
- Make sure your gutters are in good working condition
- Fix leaky piping and fixtures in and around your home
- Repair or replace damaged window/door screens
- Place metal screens over ventilation that leads out of your home
- Make sure your chimney or chimneys have tight-fitting, pest-proof caps
- Install door sweeps under all exterior doors
- Check your weatherstripping and make sure it is not damaged or loose-fitting
- Thoroughly clean your home at least once a week and do your best to address messes as they occur
- Pick up after your pets and clean out their water and food bowls after every meal
- Be careful not to leave out leftover foods
- Invest in trash cans that have tight-fitting insect-proof lids
An Easier Solution To Pests
If you do not have time to prevent pests on your own or are looking for a better, more long term solution to your pest problem, look no further than Keller’s Pest Control. We make pest control easy by offering our clients the most advanced and affordable solutions money available. With just a short conversation, we will help you design a plan that best fits you and your home’s individual needs. All you have to do is give us a call at Keller’s Pest Control or reach out to us through our website. We will take care of the rest.